Ruaha Game Reserve
Tour Details6 Day Ruaha Game Reserve
Southern Circuit Safari : 6 Day Ruaha Game Reserve
Meeting & pickup
● Julius Nyerere International Airport, Dar es Salaam
● 4 Star: Tiffany Diamond Hotel
● 3 Star: Regency Park Hote
Airport arrival and transport to hotel.
Afternoon-evening tour of Dar esSalaam with its port and popular fish market. Dar es Salaam is Tanzania’s major city. As the commercial hub it has busy streets lined with street markets. The postal district (called ‘Posta’) prides itself with vendors selling almost anything. In Dar city center you will also find a huge and very popular market called ‘Kariakoo’. You can travel around the city in the popular three-wheeled bajaji’ that take you in and out of the traffic. Dar is a bustling city providing an exciting African cultural experience.
● Distance from airport: 13 kilometers/8mi
● Meals included: lunch, dinner
Guides & Languages
In-person: English, French, Simplified Chinese
We offer an in-person guide, licensed and certified
Our in-person guide may also be the driver
What makes this tour unique?
1. The Mikumi National Park near Morogoro, Tanzania, was established in 1964. It covers an area of 3,230 km² is the fourth largest in the country. Location: Mikumi near Morogoro, Tanzania; Area: 3,230 km² (1247sq mi)
2. Ruaha National Park in South Central Tanzania is drained by the Great Ruaha River. The addition of the Usangu Game Reserve and other important wetlands to the park in 2008 increased its size to 20,226 km2 (7,809 sq mi); Location: Tanzania, South Central; Area: 45,000 sq km (17,000 sq mi)
3. Udzungwa Mountains National Park near Mikumi and the Selous Game Reserve. Udzungwa Mountains National Park has one of the highest rates of biodiversity anywhere in Africa, with several different landscapes inside the park’s borders that serve as home to hundreds of species. Two of the six primate species in Udzungwa are only found there – the Iringa Red Colobus and Sanje Crested Mangabey. The park sustains more than 400 bird species, including four that occur nowhere else in the world.
Location: Kidaya, Tanzania; Area: 1990 sq km (768 sq mi).
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
What’s excluded: All flights including domestic
Information for Travelers
● Not wheelchair accessible
● Infants must sit on laps
● Near public transportation
● No Back Problems
● No Serious Medical Conditions
● No Expectant Mothers
6 Day Ruaha Game Reserve - Southern Circuit Safari
Tour of Dar es Salaam
Airport arrival and transport to hotel. Afternoon-evening tour of Dar es Salaam.
Accommodation: 4 Star : Tiffany Diamond Hotel; 3 Star: Regency Park Hotel
Distance from airport : 13 kilometers/8.1 miles
Fly to Ruaha National Park
Fly to Ruaha National Park, central Tanzania by domestic flight (not included in our pricing schedule). Regular daily flights are provided by Coastal Aviation. This method of travel is recommended as the distances across Tanzania are great. A road trip is available but would take 6 hours minimum! Coastal Aviation prices in USD to Ruaha in 2020: Adult-$416; child-$333; taxes-$17. We can help you with your flight bookings. Flights leave Dar 08.30 daily.
Accommodation : Mabata Makali Luxury Tented Camp
Distance : 272km/169mi
Prepare for a Game Drive
On arrival prepare for a game drive and a late lunch in the park. We hope your game drive lets you watch the elephants as they feed or drink from the river and watch the giraffes as they wander from Acacia to Acacia. You may also come across a pride of lions. In the early evening you can choose to join a short walking safari along the river or just relax in your luxury tented camp with en suite facilities. This will let you feel that you are a part of Africa’s wonders. Enjoy sundowners back in camp overlooking the river. Breakfast, lunch, dinner are provided.
Accommodation : Mabata Makali Luxury Tented Camp
Distance traveled : 50km/31mi (approx.)
Udzungwa Mountains National Park
After an early morning game drive when the animals are at their liveliest, we lunch in the park and then depart for the Udzungwa Mountains National Park. The parks neighbour each other so no great distances involved. On arrival and registration we enter the park and prepare for a hike into the bush (there are no roads through this park). We then register for our accommodation. The Udzungwa Mountains National Park has one of the highest rates of biodiversity anywhere in Africa, with several different landscapes inside the park's borders that serve as home to hundreds of species. Two of the six primate species in Udzungwa are only found there – the Iringa Red Colobus and Sanje Crested Mangabey. The park sustains more than 400 bird species, including four that occur nowhere else in the world.
Total distance traveled : approx 60km/37mi
Accommodation : Udzungwa Forest Tented Camp
Distance traveled: 60km/27mi
Udzungwa Mountains National Park to Mikumi National Park
After breakfast a final morning walk to the waterfall and beyond for some more bird-spotting and wildlife experiences. We lunch in the park and then leave the mountains for Mikumi National Park, our final stop on this tour. After park and lodge registration in Mikumi we take a late afternoon, early evening game drive when the animals come out to feed for the night. You may spot local wildlife like lions, giraffes, zebras, elephants, hippos, and birds.
Accommodation : Mantis Lodge & Camping Site
Distance : 47km/29mi
Final Sunrise Game Drive
Now we go on a final sunrise game drive with a break for breakfast. Early morning is the best time to see the animals. You may well spot those you missed the previous day! We then head back for the long drive to Dar es Salaam with lunch on the way, returning to your hotels as at arrival.